Now Hiring Part Time or Full Time:
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM)
Amherst Animal Hospital is a progressive, friendly, and well-equipped facility in Amherst, Ohio. We provide top-quality veterinary care with a personalized and compassionate feel. We have continued to steadily grow for the last 65+ years and need an associate to see the increasing case overflow. We are a currently a 2 doctor/owner practice and are looking to expand further.
Associate Veterinarian Career at Amherst Animal Hospital
As an Amherst Animal Associate Veterinarian, it’s less about the job description, and more about the opportunity to contribute your unique skills and expertise to your team while developing your veterinary career. Amherst Animal Hospital Associate DVMs support our community as well as the surrounding communities we serve by:
- Practicing ethical veterinary medicine according to all applicable laws and codes
- Using evidence-based medicine, education, and experience to provide the highest quality preventive care, diagnoses and treatment services for every pet you see
- Performing all common surgeries, including use of all standard medical instruments and equipment.
- Partnering with clients to plan follow-up visits, provide home-care instructions, and education to ensure the long-term health of their pets
- Maintaining relevant, comprehensive medical records with the support of our practice management system (Cornerstone).
The primary purpose and function of our DVMs is to ensure the highest quality of veterinary care and client education.
Employment Type: Full and/or Part-Time
Required Education: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM).
Required Licenses: State Veterinary Board and DEA Registration required.
Our Goal: Aside from our minimum educational, license, experience, and skill-set requirements, we aim to hire and develop Associate Veterinarians who are dedicated to:
- Providing compassionate, high-quality veterinary care for the wellness of pets
- Able to adopt and positively impact new veterinary protocals and recommendations
- Devoted to the philosophy of long-term pet health through preventative care
Associate Veterinarian Benefits:
An Associate DVM would receive a competitive salary. We believe in rewarding those who provide compassionate pet health care with a genuine approach to personal wellness and professional development. AAH offers a wide array of benefits and programs that help you take care of yourself and your family.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Employer matched Simple IRA Program
- Mal Practice Insurance
- Paid CE courses
In addition to a number of health, and insurance benefits, We also encourage you to take full advantage of paid vacation that helps you maintain a balance of work, play, and rest.
Whether you are a recent graduate looking to start your career as an Associate Veterinarian, or an experienced DVM looking for a change, Amherst Animal Hospital is the place to explore the next best move in your professional veterinary career. We are committed to helping Associate DVMs grow.
Together we are a team, making a real impact on pet health care in hospitals, communities, and the field of veterinary medicine.
If this sounds like the place for you:
Apply Today! [email protected]